Tuesday 14 January 2014

Golden Globes 2014

Hello! Just a quick post with my favourite looks from the Golden Globes the other night. You've probably seen these a million times already but hey, I wanted to pick what I thought were the best of the bunch.


Emma Watson, you beauty. This caused stirs of 'what was she wearing?' but I absolutely adore her completely backless, postbox red Dior dress paired with those skinny black cigarette trousers. Fricking divine. Looks so effortlessly elegant from the front, and yet so effortlessly sexy from the back. She kept the makeup simple, with a sleek bun, red lips, and those excellent brows. I could literally look at her face all day long. Great, unique choice, Emma. My top outfit of the night!

Some others I liked...


The ridiculously beautiful Jessica Chastain, bringing it once again with a simple black strapless Givenchy number, classic pearl necklace and those flaming orange curls. She's always a winner.


Cate Blanchett, winner of Best Actress, looking exquisite as always in an intricate black lace Armani dress.


Kaley Cuoco, from my (probably) favourite ever TV show, The Big Bang Theory, in Rani Zakhem. Not 100% convinced on the slicked over hair, but love the bustier shaping and dreamy watercolour florals of the dress. Nice.


Brilliant actress Lizzy Caplan in Emilio Pucci: I love the shape of the neckline, the geometric clutch bag, the futuristic-yet-medieval sleeves...basically, it's all good.


And to finish off, it's Emma Watson again! Yep, she's so awesome she decided to change into another show-stopping outfit for the after party, making her my double favourite of the night!


Here, Emma wear a stunning gothic floral dress with sheer mesh panels from Theory. Just, wow. She's definitely becoming a style icon, and one of my inspirations.

So there you have it! 
What were your favourite red carpet looks from the Golden Globes? 
Let me know!

Thanks for reading,

Sophie.

No comments:

Post a Comment