Monday 12 August 2013

Beauty Review // Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivid Lipsticks



I am most definitely, a lipstick girl. Reds, pinks, purples, nudes; just about anything you like, I've got them, and love wearing all kinds of colours on my lips. Today I thought I'd share one of my favourite lipstick ranges at the moment, the Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivid Lipsticks. 

As you might guess from the name, this is a range of eye-wateringly bright colours, which I love, though I know not everyone does. I have three from the range, and all of them have a creamy finish, are really moisturising on the lips and, for me personally, last aaaages. Like, all day. Especially, I've found, if you use a really nude product underneath them, for example Clinique's Chubby Stick in Curviest Caramel, then dab the Vivid lipstick on for a soft version of the colour, then do a full on swipe across the lips. I know that's three layers of stuff, but I swear, it lasts forever on me. 

Here's some shots of them on my lips. Now, I have really wonky, asymmetrical lips, and some horrific blemishes around my mouth that just will not go away, so taking photos was a bit of a nightmare. So try to ignore all that, and focus on the beautiful lipsticks. :)



I had been after a purple lipstick ever since seeing Mac's Heroine on LULUTRIXABELLE here, and I was hoping Hot Plum was the one; however, it wasn't quite what I was after. I definitely would not call it a plum, it's more of a bright pink with purpley-blue undertones. It's probably the least wearable of the three, but is a gorgeous colour nonetheless and one for when I'm feeling brave!



Shocking Coral is probably the most wearable of the three Vivids I've got; again, I would call it kind of a bright but rosy pink rather than a coral, but it is one of those colours that goes with everything and despite it still being really bright, you don't have to think too hard when putting it on. 



Electric Orange is probably the only shade that actually lives up to it's name: this is about as orange as it gets folks. It is seeeriously bright, and I'll be honest, not as blue-toned as I would like, but is still probably the shade I've worn the most. I do feel a wee bit 80's or something occasionally when putting it on, but it is a gorgeous summer colour, which I think looks amazing with a light layer of peachy gloss over the top (for example, Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya) teamed with a metallic nude eye. Definitely my lipstick of the summer.

So there you go, some of my favourite lipsticks. Be warned, they are super bright, so not for the faint hearted, and the swatches online (and the names!) really don't represent the actual colour so I would recommend heading to a drugstore and swatching them for yourself before you buy.

What's your favourite lip colours at the moment?
Are you a fan of the bright lip?



(All photos my own; all products purchased by myself and reviewed honestly)

1 comment:

  1. By what you've said they sound like the perfect lip products :) My lips get super dry all year round, so I need my lipsticks to be creamy and hydrating. I'm nowhere near as daring as you, but I am trying to branch out and come out of my comfort zone. Don't be embarrassed about your lips, they look really full and lovely, and everyone gets breakouts (so not to worry). My favourites are the orange and the coral. I'm really enjoying Kate Moss reds at the moment and my Mac Vegas Volt lipstick :) Love your hair by the way, it looks very beautiful.

    Amyloo xx

    http://amyloosworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete