Thursday 27 June 2013

Prada SS14: Mens & Womenswear

We all know that fashion moves along at a breakneck speed, but it does still baffle me a little that we are seeing next years Spring/Summer collections already when we're still waiting for sunshine in 2013! How can designers dangle these amazing clothes in front of us then expect us to wait a year?! Not that I can afford them anyway, obviously.

One of the SS14 collections that caught my eye was the legend that is PRADA. I'll be honest, I'm not always the biggest fan of Miuccia's creations; sometimes they are i n c r e d i b l e (AW12's geometric suits, for example?), but other times, I think she pushes ugly-pretty to the extreme of just, well, ugly

This one, however, is right on the money. It's a summer collection, but I like the mix of bright and autumny colours, as well as the elements of knitwear and layering that make it not too seasonally specific (which is a good job with weather like ours!). The leafy florals are kinda tropical yet vintage-looking, and the mixing of prints and use of panelling really modernises the whole look. Also, I am not against wearing mens clothing, and those sweatshirts with printed sleeves are my favourite pieces! Flat shoes are always a thumbs up in my eyes too. Basically, I'm in love. 

Here's some shots of the good stuff!
(Warning: a fair few pictures coming your way ha! All pictures from Vogue website, here)













What do you think of Prada SS14?

PS: We have literally days before Google Reader disappears! So if you could follow me on bloglovin' here, that would make my day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment